News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/7/2020 5:19:46 PM to 11/24/2020 12:00:01 AM.
FCAM - Human Resource Divison (HRD)
Posted on: November 9, 2020
[ARCHIVED] What's Happening at Civil Service?
I hope this finds everyone doing well and settling in to the cooler Fall months ahead. In an attempt to keep everyone updated, please see the below information.
· For those municipalities that participated in the 2020 District & Deputy Fire Chief Series examination, resulting lists have been established and are now viewable with all other lists on our website.
· The Statewide Fire Lieutenant & Captain examination remains scheduled to take place on Saturday, November 21st. This examination will be administered on computers at various testing sites throughout the Commonwealth. More information, including the list of participating departments and the Reading List, can be found on our website. All candidates will be medically screened and asked to complete a Medical Screening form prior to being allowed to enter the site.
Entry Level Municipal Firefighter Exam Update
· The current eligible list for Firefighter initially scheduled to be revoked with the establishment of a new list on December 1st, will be extended in accordance with our revocation policy until the new list can be established.
· As of October 16th, 1996 candidates have taken the physical portion of the exam known as the ELPAT. We continue to administer the ELPAT daily at our PAT facility in Hudson.
· Dates for the written component of the examination will be announced shortly and will be conducted on several days during the next few months. By offering multiple administrations of the written examination, in smaller group settings, we will ensure the safety of all involved in accordance with current COVID restrictions and guidelines in place. It also prevents any further delay of being able to test all candidates and establishing a new list.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to me or any other member of our staff. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
Bruce T. Howard, Jr.
Civil Service Unit
Human Resources Division